We have been busy this winter developing a new skin care product line with virgin organic avocado oil. So many of you told us you are using avocado oil for skin care, but what you may not know is the major difference between virgin and refined avocado oil.
For cooking, you want refined avocado oil for its high heat and neutral taste. Extra virgin avocado oil has a shorter shelf life and can go rancid fast when heated to high temperatures. Our avocado oil which we infuse for cooking is a non-chemically refined avocado oil, perfectly suitable for a clean diet! Read more on our avocado oil and how it was refined here.
However for your skin, you want all the green stuff from cold pressed avocado oils that are super nourishing for your skin: lutein, coenzyme Q10, and antioxidants like vitamins E, A and beta sistosterol. Some of these nutrients are available in the refined oil, but there is much more of them in the virgin oil that your skin will LOVE!
We partnered with an herbalist to create this revolutionary a healing herbal salve with the virgin avocado oil and the 5 herbs below:
Here are the 5 healing herbs we added to the salve:
1. Calendula: has skin healing effect for dry, chapped or inflamed skin
2. Witch Hazel is a powerful astringent and helps reduce redness and inflammation
3. Marshmallow: acts as a healing agent and as an emmolient (moisturizing) on the skin.
4. Lavender: need we say anything about lavender's healing and soothing benefits not to mention its lovely aroma. It si a super start for skin and beauty products. And grows really well in NC too.
6. Ashwaganda: in Ayurvedic medicine, Ashwaganda is considered an adaptogenic herb. It helps normalize the body's natural healing process and heavily researched for it's healing benefits. We are creating a truly revolutionary product by adding it to our herbal salve.